Tuesday, June 15, 2010

foray into a new world

hello, universe!

"the red notebook: a collection of poetry drawn from the beauty and sheer energy of life" is now complete, and thus I begin my journey into the world of self-publishing... at least, that's where I'm attempting to go with it now. perhaps I will submit to contests or publishers, but that will come in its time. I will keep you posted as I try to send my poetry into the wide world... until then, I've posted a "broadside" from a previous Facebook posting (check the sidebar; I'll try to post more as time goes on) and here, for you, my very first readers of this blog, is the first poem that will be included in "the red notebook."

hourglass

The page of a present moment.
Unnoticed, but written, it
shimmers
small, but shiny
and important.

A single grain of sand
catches the light, and I
take notice, but better by far
the multitude of grains
in a sandy beach.
_______________________________________________

may your sand-marked journeys through time and space be beautiful;
yours,
maggie

1 comment:

  1. Oh Maggie! I love this book of poems! I like "Snare" and "Coming of Age" are great! Actually, all of them are great! Can't wait to read it in published form.

    ReplyDelete